Re: [OM] Computer Woes

Subject: Re: [OM] Computer Woes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:08:28 -0500
Without knowing anything else about the problem, and assuming you're
going to continue to work in these volumes in the future,  I would
suggest that you install as much physical memory in this computer as you
can.  Lightroom is an Adobe product and Adobe is not known for efficient
use of memory but is well known for memory leaks (ie; not cleaning up
and releasing the memory they just used and are now finished with).  I
would also be very nervous about any process that runs for days being
error free.  I hope you made a backup (or two) before you started this
process.  Memory is cheap (unless you buy from Apple) and I'm pretty
confident it will help considerably... at least for this process.  There
are also probably Lightroom configuration changes you can make that will
help.

Chuck Norcutt (Lightroom owner but not user)