Re: [OM] Approaching LaGuardia

Subject: Re: [OM] Approaching LaGuardia
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 07:39:45 +1100
Broader than that - I've flown in Australia on a service where the entire
in-flight entertainment system was delivered by iPads on the back of the seats.
Turned off when landing but so are conventional systems. At present I'm certain
that airlines are simply being overcautious - same principle as fones in
hospitals and service stations where it has been proved conclusively,
repeatedly that they affect nothing and are no threat. It will change but
slowly. I have little tolerance for those who CAN'T WAIT ten minutes but, on
the other hand, I am going to answer my fone when filling my car.
As to pilots using them, it's not good logic. I suspect that the request is to
reduce the cumulative electronic clutter and the plane can survive a few little
fields but if every second seat is occupied by some fool calling to say, "Yes
we're landing right now and the weather looks a bit dull and you'll be waiting
at the second coffee shop on the left in the Arrivals Hall right and…," instead
of waiting until the Dunlops are on the tarmac then the problem might be more
significant.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com