Re: [OM] Approaching LaGuardia

Subject: Re: [OM] Approaching LaGuardia
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 11:10:38 -0600
On 1/30/14 10:45 : , Chris Barker wrote:
> I didn’t realise that.  I flew to Portugal earlier this month, with EasyJet,
> and still had to switch my devices off for takeoff and landing.
>
> Chris
>
> On 30 Jan 2014, at 16:12, Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> The FAA did lift the ban.  It's up to the individual airlines now.
You may.  The FAA lifted the ban, but it's still up to each airline
whether or not they will go along with it.  They are actually
considering allowing data/SMS cellular communications while in flight,
but the way I understand it, that would wreak havoc on the cell system
considering that your connection would be handed off from tower to tower
while you're flying at something like 600MPH.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard