Re: [OM] Fast Eggs

Subject: Re: [OM] Fast Eggs
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 07:07:08 +1100
The French spend centuries perfecting a simple and elegant dish. It has few
components and requires little skill, just basic technique and care. But people
can't resist the urge to mess it up - cooking rubbery egg pancakes, loading
them up with inappropriate 'fillings', overcooking, upscaling the ingredients
inappropriately - and then claiming that they've somehow 'improved' it. And
worse still, actually believing that it is better.
Now, 'so what' you may respond - why can't I ruin it to my own taste? Because
now we have a vast majority who have no idea what it really is and you can't
order one anywhere without preparing yourself to send it back with the
complaint that "this is not an omelette".
"It's how we do an omelette, Sir."
"And you're wrong so this is how I do an exit."

Andrew Fildes (who is very fond of a tortilla or a frittata but…)
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com

Author/Publisher:
The SLR Compendium: