Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Iwert Bernakiewicz <iwert.bcz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 23:19:30 +0100

> > By getting
> > the A7 and an adapter, Bill is able to meet budget. He's got more F2
> > glass than Texas has Republicans.
>
> As above, I assume if he wanted to use MF glass, that would have been part
> of the question. Personal opinion? Trying to
> shoot on such a tour with MF is a recipe for deep frustration. Take an ILC
> with a good, decent range zoom. Then if one
> wants and has room, an adapter and a favorite MF lens or two for the more
> relaxed moments.
>
> We're talking whirlwind tour, not leisurely photo shoot, as I understand
> it. That's the reason for the stringent luggage
> limits that cause the need for a new kit in the first place.
>
> On Task Moose
>
> A long thread… and a long read. But really, why not a second hand 5dii
with good manual focussing screen and good (read: expensive) chipped
adapter. I don't need AF and I think Bill doesn't either, being used to MF
and the lenses.

Problem is: learning to expose right. I've been working with the c*non for
years now, so I know it's habits with my lenses and the light metering, and
since I use the 35 shift stopping down is way easier. But with good light
working at f5.6 is no problem, and in bad light wide open or closed one
stop is ok.

I'ld say: leave the camera HOME. Go and enjoy what you visit. Take a diary
with you and describe what you see.

Or take (buy) one roll of film a day and use what you know best. The OM's
with 21, 50 and 100/2. I went to italy with these three in 2004 and they
did wonderfully!

Iwert