Re: [OM] What would you buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] What would you buy?
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 17:47:18 -0600
Moose thus grunted:
> As Ken says, there are a lot of really first rate ILCs available. Any of the
> basic sensor systems should please.
> I'd start with lenses, then work back to cameras. (All FLs in 35 mm eq.)
> Fuji's only normal range zoom is 27-84 mm. Not as long a range as you
> suggested, and would drive me crazy....

Based on these statements, I'm MORE inclined to go with a Fujifilm
XE-2 than anything else. Don't let the EVF discourage you as the EVFs
in the Sony A7, Olympus EM1 and the XE2 are all essentially identical,
but Fuji's just is so right. The smallness of the XE-2 makes it
slightly less comfortable than the X1Pro, but everything else about it
is just peachy. And then, to address the lens question, I would say
that picking the Fuji BECAUSE of the lenses is reason enough. The fact
that you get a brilliant sensor thrown in is almost secondary. But
another aspect to this is B&W. The X-series is absolutely nailing it
in digital B&W.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx