Re: [OM] New Yorker article--Goodbye, Cameras

Subject: Re: [OM] New Yorker article--Goodbye, Cameras
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 15:42:34 -0800
On 1/6/2014 8:08 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Spotted this, though don't believe some of it for a minute, found it
> interesting:
>
> http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/elements/2013/12/goodbye-cameras.html

This strikes me as a enthusiasm of the moment piece, driven in part by the
need/desire to post something that will get a
reaction.

It may indeed be true of this young man at this time. Note that he never
mentions anything about lenses other than
'standard' on his prior cameras.

If one is happy with a fixed, WA view of the world, doesn't want to shoot when
it's very dark other than close stuff
with flash and isn't interested in much cropping, I can see it working.

The masses bought Brownies, Hawkeyes, Instamatics, and so on. The better cell
phone cameras are better than that.

I. Q. Moose