Re: [OM] Some Photos from Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Some Photos from Wales
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 08:55:05 +0100
Hi John,

yes I do have the fuji 18/2 but it is no longer used, I will from now on
carry the 14mm in a pocket and the 23/1.4 will stay on the camera. I am
sorry to say that the 14mm and 23mm lenses are in a different league to
the others in terms of sharpness and that unquantifiable something.
Some like the 35mm  and 60mm but I personally have never really enjoyed
using them. I used the 18/2 exclusively when I first got the camera as I
liked the fact that it al fitted into an ever ready case and I took many
nice photos, but I enjoy using the newer 14 and 23 lenses much more.

regarding the 13th month, yes this was originally the salary split into
13 parts, then they renamed it a bonus and made it performance related
(giving slightly less each time) and now they have moved it to March
next year and I am sure it will shrink somewhat. Some of you may wonder
why I am unhappy, well the swiss financial  tax year runs from 1st Jan
to 31st Dec and so does the mortgages (paid quarterly with an
amortisation in December) and income tax bill will be based on last
year.  In addition to all this tmy wife has been made redundant from the
end of january and although she will then work self employed there is
the rental money for her offices to find, Ok enough whining from me,
just wanted to vent, we will survive and hopefully its only this year
that will be tough - on the plus side I don't really need any more
camera gear and now thanks to the 3.10 FW update I have few complaints
about the camera especially after my sugru mod to fix the compensation
dial problem :-).

<http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/Other/OMlist/i-MqRqXpq/A>

IanW