Re: [OM] Siddiq's PAD, Jan 4 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Siddiq's PAD, Jan 4 2014
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:27:14 -0800
On 1/6/2014 11:34 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> On 1/6/14 13:27 : , Siddiq Siddiqui-Ali wrote:
>> While queueing back and forth at the interminably long line at Disneyland,
>> saw this mask leading to the French Quarter (I think that's what it's
>> called?) and knew the not-too-old moon would be somewhere in that direction.
>> Scooted my way over and tried to get it framed--easier in my mind than it
>> was in real life, but resulted in a passable photo.
>>
>> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10102038878478044&set=a.10102032852529094.1073741825.6313229&type=3&theater
> That's nice.  I know all to well that feeling where a photo looks
> gorgeous in my head, but the physical me just can't get it to happen...

The trouble with silhouettes with moon is DOF. To reproduce what we see, or at
least think we see, one must take two
shots, focused on the two subjects distances, and combine them. That has always
seemed legitimate to me. But then
there's temptation.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/BayArea/Miscellaneous/AngelMoon.htm>

Ill Eagle Moose?