[OM] [OT] Streaming video again: I bought the Roku 3

Subject: [OM] [OT] Streaming video again: I bought the Roku 3
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 09:41:08 -0500
The Roku product offerings
<http://www.roku.com/products/compare?utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Buy%20Roku&utm_content=Great%20offers%20from%20Roku&utm_campaign=ic-promo-msg-template>

I chose the Roku 3 model since it's the only one of the three models
that supports a wired as well as wi-fi connection.  It's interface to
Amazon Prime video supports the Amazon user selected viewing list which
my Panasonic TV does not.  So far I've only used it with NetFlix and
Amazon but it supports numerous streaming video services and TV channels
that my TV does not (except for the TV channels I'm clueless as to what
most of them are).  Best of all it's totally portable and I can use it
on any HDTV set that has an HDMI connector.  My wife is also thankful
for the headset that attaches to the remote.  Now she can have peace and
quiet to use her computer or Kindle while I watch TV. (we live in close
quarters in our little Florida place). It's very easy to setup and use.
  The remote has only 7 buttons plus a 4-way controller, a headset plug
and a volume control on the side.

I bought direct from Roku since they had a $10 discount and free
shipping offer until very recently.  If you search around you can do
better than the $99.99 price.  There's an ebay seller (unknown to me)
that's offering factory refurb'd Roku 3s for about $80.

Chuck Norcutt