Re: [OM] Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/240G 2.5", 240GB SATA III

Subject: Re: [OM] Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/240G 2.5", 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - Newegg.com
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 09:02:13 -0500
No, I didn't push the button because I don't think I'm going to upgrade
the old XP laptop which is why I'd need an SSD of that size.  But I did
just get notice of a similar deal if you're interested
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-248-016&nm_mc=EMC-GD010614&cm_mmc=EMC-GD010614-_-index-_-Item-_-20-248-016>

I decided against the upgrade since backing up via USB 2 takes too long.
  I'm going to bite the bullet and buy another more modern laptop with
USB 3.  I've been cloning my Win 7 desktop drive recently using a USB 3
drive dock.  It seems to perform about the same as my eSATA drivedock on
the old XP desktop.

ps: No I don't know of any recommended tweaks.  Win 7 64 bit is the only
tweak I'd be interested in now.  But Win 7 boots so much faster than
than XP I'm not sure I'd be willing to spend much of anything on a
faster drive.

Chuck Norcutt