[OM] IMG: Mockingbird, Then and Now

Subject: [OM] IMG: Mockingbird, Then and Now
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 22:29:42 -0600
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've had several favorable comments on the "portrait" of our resident
male mockingbird, taken with the X-E1 and Leica Telyt-R 250/4.  Three
years ago, almost to the day, I photographed the then resident male.  I
can't say whether or not it was the same bird. The interesting thing
about that image is that it was made with the 5MP Olympus E-1 and a
Ross/London lens from the 1890s.  To me, at screen viewing size, the two
images are roughly comparable in quality.

Maybe gear is just a way of finding an image.................

January 2011 image:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mocking+Bird.jpg.html

January 2014 image:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Mockingbird+744.jpg.html