Re: [OM] IMG: Guinea Breath

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Guinea Breath
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 13:59:00 -0500
We've lost a few to hawks and raccoons, but the smart ones survive.  We
lost one whole batch to cars because the neighbors across the highway had
male guineas and we had females.  All of those were lost in the pursuit of
sex.  The current flock know about hawks, raccoons and cars and have all
survived for a couple of years now.

Tina

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> > Guineas make very good watch birds and they eat ticks and other bugs....
>  They squawk a lot!
> > ...But quite tasty.
> Unfortunately they are considered tasty by a lot of other critters too.
> Nothing like being woken by the dying squawks of a large bird. The
> neighbor recently acquired a flock of guineas. Now slowly diminishing in
> number. The neighborhood dogs think they are great sport.
>
> Mike
>
> --

Tina Manley