Re: [OM] No Free Lunch [was EVF delay, shutter shock & the meaning of li

Subject: Re: [OM] No Free Lunch [was EVF delay, shutter shock & the meaning of life]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:53:53 -0800
On 12/26/2013 12:27 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> I disagree. I feel that the additional mass in an optional configuration is
> pretty ideal. I'm just as likely to have an MD2 mounted to the OM as not.
> It really does balance out some lenses better. I see mirrorless not a thing
> of size and weight, but if the natural technical progression of the SLR.

We remain on opposite sides on this one. For me, it's very much about size and
weight, and about the changed working
methods they allow, for better images.

For only one example, I can now carry around my neck, comfortably, for hours, a
camera with 150-600 mm eq. zoom. For a
non-tele person, so what? For me, images I like very much that I couldn't make
before.

On another small, light body hanging from the same neck, 24-100 mm eq. and
macro, without lens changes. Fab!

Feather Weighty Moose