Re: [OM] Christmas Dinner plans

Subject: Re: [OM] Christmas Dinner plans
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 22:32:27 -0800
On 12/24/2013 10:03 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
> First thing in the morning I was going to pop the turkey in the smoker or
> oven (depending on air temp), but we're going to have venison instead. Go
> figure. We had deer on our roof tonight.

I suspect I'm looking at Potstickers (exceptional), spiced eggplant with pork
(or???) and spicy prawns (fabulous).
(Venison is a bit near the mark, for me.) ;-)

In a now ancient seeming family tradition, this is a quiet year. Last year was
big Carol's side family gathering in
Seattle, the year before, four at King Tsin. And so it goes, back into the
mists of time, big to huge years more or less
alternating with small numbers at our traditional Chinese restaurant. (There
was that one long ago year with over a
dozen of us there. What was that about?)

Already had my side family turkey day a couple of weeks ago.

A quiet day today and another on Christmas is just right.* Ten days of one or
more events or family dramas per day left
me drained by Sunday night. Dazed and confused Monday.

Let madness recommence Thursday, if it must. :-)

Reconstituted Moose

* You can get away with that when the kids are married.