Re: [OM] For Chris Crawford

Subject: Re: [OM] For Chris Crawford
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:42:29 -0500
It was. Lots of local flavor, much of which is retained by the current store,
King Ro Market, just up the hill. What's missing now is Foster's Auctions, the
site of which is now occupied by a Bed & Breakfast. Going to one of Bob
Foster's auctions was the high point of my childhood vacations. I used to buy
broken swords and other jetsam for a few bucks and go back to my grandparents'
house to spend the rest of my vacation living the dream. <g> (Foster's is now
out on Route 1, and run by the son of the fellow who ran them when I was a kid.
Not nearly so much atmosphere now.)

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal