Re: [OM] Trouble in paradise--A7r

Subject: Re: [OM] Trouble in paradise--A7r
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 18:18:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>http://diglloyd.com/blog/index-60.html#20131215_3-SonyA7R-shutter-vibration-180mm-vertical
>

>Portrait orientation seems worse due to shutter shock even using
>adapter with tripod foot.  Reports that good L bracket  for native
>lenses sans foot and bean bag mitigate this effect.  More of an issue
>with some long lenses especially if resonant just right (wrong).  Some
>effect according to digiloyd even  with the  new FE 55 Sonar:

     <<SNIP>>

     That makes my vibration problems seem insignificant.  Even with a light
tripod, just statically balancing the camera and lens is effective.  Problem is
finding lenses with tripod rings.  I'm only using telephotos with rings, such
as the old Vivitar TX 75-260mm and the Vivitar TX 400mm.

Chris