[OM] Tripods

Subject: [OM] Tripods
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 16:52:12 +0000 (GMT)
A question was recently asked Chris Barker?) regarding tripod recommendations .
I have a Manfrotto 055XPROB 3 section legs Aluminium tripod with 488RC4 ball
head. Brilliant tripod to keep in the car but far too heavy for Olympus use. I
recently added a Manfrotto 190 CXPRO3  3  section Carbon fibre tripod with
496RC2 Head. Observations are as follows: I do not find the 3 section tripod's
extra leg length an issue -  and it is slightly cheaper than the four section
model. When I need to I can strap it to The outside of my Daypack and it is
reasonably lightweight. The ability of the centre column to extend horizontally
is a great bonus, as is it's low level capability.
The tripod /ballhead combination is ideally suited to Olympus film and m4/3
cameras but might struggle with fullframe digital cameras complete with
long/large lenses. For me it is the ideal tripod for outdoor use.

Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK