[OM] LIST SLAPDOWN FROM THE LIST LAPDOG, was Too close to home

Subject: [OM] LIST SLAPDOWN FROM THE LIST LAPDOG, was Too close to home
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 09:26:29 -0600
> Of course if you like venison you can use a BMW X5 !

Until you consider how many people die in vehicles...

I didn't respond to the abortion statement because it is something
that is far too divisive and I was hoping it would slide past without
anybody commenting. If I was emperor of the list, I'd ask that
everybody refrain from commenting. Nothing good will result. We're
already seeing how the gun debate is going.

I believe pretty much all of this comes down to one basic principle.
We don't like to be told what or what not to do. Many of us grew up in
oppressive households, schools and churches where we were strictly
instructed as to what we could and could not do, what to wear, how to
eat, what to eat, who to associate with and who to hate. Once we've
"matured" and have the ability to do whatever we want, we revel in our
freedom and without realizing it, we impose OUR new set of values on
others.

This is something that I work extremely hard at not doing. Once in a
while it slips through, but it doesn't take long for somebody to slap
me down. Here I'm going to return the favor and do a slap down.

No more gun discussion today. No talk of abortion, second amendment,
personal rights and privileges, etc. Let's talk photography. Yes, that
means YOU. As this list is like a gathering around a campfire, side
conversations are fine, so please feel free to take this off list
where the rest of us don't have to listen.

AG (Woof) Schnozz

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx