Re: [OM] Too close to home

Subject: Re: [OM] Too close to home
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:29:08 -0500
You might want to peruse this data
<http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6230a1.htm>
A surprise to me was that (for 2009-2010) suicide by firearms (38,126)
was much higher than homicide by firearms (22,571).  In fact suicide in
the US kills more people that automobile accidents which (IIRC) is about
32,000 annually (which is way down from the more than 50,000 of the late
1960s).

Chuck Norcutt

22,571 firearm homicides and 38,126 firearm suicides