Re: [OM] For Chuck Re: PSE12 install problems

Subject: Re: [OM] For Chuck Re: PSE12 install problems
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:51:28 -0500
No, what I read into is it bad software design.  No system should be
able to clobber the host O/S by simply installing software.  Mandates to
turn off other software are generally to avoid problems with locked
files caused by other running applications.  If that is somehow critical
to Adobe installation then Adobe should check for the existence of other
applications or locked resources before and during install.  Should they
detect a problem or be prevented from taking some action by an
anti-virus app. they should check for these problems, declare an error,
abort the installation and undo anything they've done up to that time.

I almost never follow instructions to shut down all apps and never do I
shut down my anti-virus system and I have never had an installation
failure (including many installs of PhotoShop and Lightroom).  It is not
rocket science, just good software design and implementation.

I respectfully suggest that you listen to this old IT guy as well.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt