Re: [OM] And a couple more - Bales

Subject: Re: [OM] And a couple more - Bales
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 02:44:42 +1300
Bob Whitmire wrote ...

> Hum. I think that ranks as one of the better, if not the best, bale
> picture I've seen.
>
> --Bob Whitmire
> Certified Neanderthal
>
> On Dec 7, 2013, at 7:44 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
>
> Wheat-straw bales;
> The Charge of the Light Brigade

Thanks Bob; coming from you that's much appreciated praise.

It happened like this; I was on my way back to Christchurch in my first little
1983 Toyota
Starlet from a visit to Dunedin, concentrating on the road and getting miles
under the wheels
in the late afternoon with a fair way to go yet, and I saw this out of my left
eye.
Screech to a stop, back up, haul out the camera, and make the most of the last
5 or so
frames on ( probably Fuji 100 asa print flim ( is that how you spell that old
word?) ) the roll.

No varying the exposure for each composition involved here - the exposure meter
had to get
each one right, which it did..

I remember holding the camera on the top of road-side fence posts in lieu of
tripods, and
using the Zuiko 35~07 f/3.6 which is one of the sharper Zuikos and quite
expensive new, I
heard. Of course I didn't buy mine new - nor would I have learned about it
without this group
:-)

Then climb back on my trusty steed and resume the sprint ..    Would have taken
no more
than 10 - 15 minutes, max.

Brian Swale

---