Re: [OM] B&W and War

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W and War
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:03:48 -0500
On Dec 6, 2013, at 10:08 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:

> And I suspect that Nick Ut's image of the napalmed child had an even stronger
> impact - there was no evasion possible there.

Evasion? What evasion? War is now and always has been a hell on earth. Probably
always will be, too. You fight a war, you're going to hurt people, and not
always the people you intend to hurt. Strong impact or not, the image has not
diminished war in the least. War porn, like just-plain porn, flourishes. People
get all incensed and crawl up on their high horses and condemn this and condemn
that and yet somehow the same twisted bastards keep doing the same twisted
things.

But I am old and sick of this crap, and genuinely understand why immortality is
not something to be desired.