Re: [OM] OT: Significant WWII Naval History

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Significant WWII Naval History
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:18:51 -0600
On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/world-war-ii-era-japanese-sub-discovered-off-hawaii-coast/
> >>

>      If you look on Google (use "japanese submarine I-400") you'll get a
> hit that is lots of photos, and there are some of the wreck in there.  It's
> amazing to see how large these were, half the length of the Titanic.  One
> photo shows the three subs at a Pearl Harbor pier next to an attack
> submarine.  It looks toyish in comparison.

I saw that photo!  Wow...  I just got done doing some reading, and those
were huge.  And pretty advanced - 3-plane hangar, enough spares for a 4th,
launch catapult and a retrieval crane.  Essentially, a submersible
carrier.  Pretty cool.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard