Re: [OM] (OM) OT Domestic expenses

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Domestic expenses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 00:50:33 +1300
David T and Andrew F wrote
>&>
>&> On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 11:37:08PM +1100, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>&> Actually it isn't. Common misconception.
>&> Attendance at a booth is compulsory.
>&> You can then have your name crossed off and walk out if you wish.
>&> Andrew Fildes
>&> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>&>  www.soultheft.com
>&>
>&> Well, OK, a fair enough statement.  However, getting your name crossed off
>&> results in you being handed the ballot papers (whether you actually take
>&> them or not), so your compulsory vote counts as informal if you walk out
>&> without marking or posting the papers (watch the carry-on entailed if you
>&> 'spoil' your paper and ask for a new one!).
>&>
>&> Many people that vote deliberately informal consider this as 'making a
>&> statement', whereas in reality it is quite the opposite. :)
>&>
>&> davidt
I could take the easy way out and say the truth which is that my better half
did the arranging
and paying.

As to voting, after the 1984 election in NZ where a Labour government was voted
in, then
switched policies completely from what people had voted on for a hitherto
secret agenda
policy designed by Roger Douglas, I did not vote for several elections; and
later when I did I
spoiled the papers.

The only way I could vote saying in essence, " a pox on both your houses".

I send the same message every election these days as well, using another
technique.

Scum-bags, the lot of them..

Brian Swale

---