Re: [OM] (OM) OT Domestic expenses

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Domestic expenses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 00:46:32 +1300
Jez wrote

>>> And how do you feel about defrauding the taxman?
>>> Jez (a bit tongue in cheek!)

Unguilty provided one doesn't get caught.

The tax system is so arbitrary and inherently unfair anyway, and they have
fairly recently
increased the GST from 12.5% to 15%. And this from a  government I detest.

You "could" say I'm doing it routinely anyway in a way that's quite legitimate.

I have declared myself to be a business as a photographer. Actually, if I had
to live on the
income I make from it I would have starved to death years ago. My son in
Londres does my
tax for me. He reckons this year that I should get about $1000 back from the
tax that has
automatically been deducted from my "old age pension".  All legit.

And I haven't claimed all the exemptions I might otherwise have done.

Brian Swale

---
is active.