Re: [OM] IMGS: Ruby, Color and B&W

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Ruby, Color and B&W
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 19:58:20 -0500
Thanks, Jim. I don't really know what my purpose is.  These are photos that
have already been used to drum up sympathy.  Now I'm not sure what to do
with them.  Some were used in fund-raising campaigns, some were used to
recruit volunteers.  Now I have thousands in my files which I am now
scanning.  Why?  I don't know.

Tina

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tina, it depends on what you wish to depict.  The wide-angle BW shot
> shows more of the chaos that is her daily life, while the Nocti shot
> hides a lot of the surroundings.  If your purpose is to drum up sympathy
> and funding, the wide-angle shot does it!  However, it might turn others
> off.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
>
> On 12/3/2013 6:40 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
> > Exactly the same angles and the same time.  Different lenses, different
> > films.
> >
> > Not sure what to do about the glare from her skin and the blanket.  Any
> > suggestions would be welcomed!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Tina
> >

> > On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
> chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> wrote:
> >> Different angles, different times.  The color shot is slightly marred by
> >> the glare off the blanket and her skin.
> >>
> >> Chuck Norcutt

> Two

> >> 400.