Re: [OM] The new Zuikohauler has arrived

Subject: Re: [OM] The new Zuikohauler has arrived
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 15:30:11 -0800
On 11/25/2013 9:27 AM, Paul Braun wrote:
> ...  That, and the 360-degree spin we did on the Indiana Toll Road when I
> tried to slalom around a piece of scrap metal that flew off the truck in
> front of me....
>
> Even with finely-balanced AWD and a low center of gravity, that kind of
> avoidance maneuver at 60MPH will result in some unpleasantness.

I did the same maneuver in a '56 VW, and didn't spin. Just as well, as it would
then have rolled down the freeway like a
ball. :-)

High center of gravity, RWD with a rear suspension that toes in and gives up
under stress, combined with adrenaline,
youthful reflexes and lots of dumb luck led to a few alternating crab-like
moves before straightening out.

Yowza Moose