Re: [OM] The new Zuikohauler has arrived

Subject: Re: [OM] The new Zuikohauler has arrived
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:27:26 -0600
On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 11:20 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Add 60mph to the stated terminal velocity....
>
> By George! I think you got it!
>
> I wrote it that way to keep people from freaking out about the poor
> judgement and childish behavior.
> --

Dude!  You've got a piece of fine German engineering with the stones to
handle it, and a long, isolated stretch of Iowa (Or Colorado) highway.
You're getting no complaints or judgements from me.  One of the first
things I did when I got the Impreza was to wind 'er up and let her stretch
her legs a bit.   I felt extremely confident in my choice of vehicle after
that.  That, and the 360-degree spin we did on the Indiana Toll Road when I
tried to slalom around a piece of scrap metal that flew off the truck in
front of me....

Even with finely-balanced AWD and a low center of gravity, that kind of
avoidance maneuver at 60MPH will result in some unpleasantness.
Fortunately, instinct, experience, plus engineering allowed me to stay out
of the concrete walls and end up back in my original lane, pointing
forwards.  I was fortunate that the people behind me saw things going
sideways (literally) and backed down enough to give me space.

I started breathing again about an hour later.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard