[OM] What a difference light makes

Subject: [OM] What a difference light makes
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 20:40:35 -0800
I picked up two mussel shell fragments on the beach at Mackworth Island, ME.
Looking for an indoor excuse to test the
new cable to attach my wireless remote to the GX7, I picked them.

I'm fascinated with the way shells interact with light. Very tricky to shoot
without blowing highlights and difficult to
capture in a photo.

These two images are of the same two pieces, exactly the same subject and
set-up, but for different lighting.

Dim, highly diffuse overhead light.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9623>

Close, bright, about 30° oblique light.