Re: [OM] IMG: Bar Mitzvah

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Bar Mitzvah
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 20:25:15 -0500
Photographically, it's analogous to shooting a wedding and reception
with the exception that you can't (usually) shoot the actual ceremony.
If you review the photos here
<http://pierre.com/portfolio/boston-bar-bat-mitzvah-photographer/>
you'll have a very good idea of typical photo coverage.  I don't know
about Peter's picture but the kids shown reading the Torah scroll in the
photos above are staged photos and not part of any ceremony.  But you're
correct about knowing the people and the culture.  I've never shot one
by myself but I've assisted at enough of them in several different
Boston area synagogues that I think I'd be comfortable doing it.

Chuck Norcutt