Re: [OM] IMG: Bar Mitzvah

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Bar Mitzvah
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 09:42:18 -0500
If you're a professional photographer and you don't know the meaning of
"Bar Mitzvah" and "Bat Mitzvah" you should proceed forthwith to rectify
that since they are the source of much photographic revenue.  They
probably don't pay quite as well as a wedding but there may be many more
of them.

About the Bar/Bat Miztvah:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_mitzvah>

When I worked with Pierre Chiha we shot lots of them.
An overview:
<http://pierre.com/information/boston-barmitzvah-photographer/>
A gallery:
<http://pierre.com/portfolio/boston-bar-bat-mitzvah-photographer/>

Typically, one is not allowed to shoot the actual ceremony although it
may be allowed in some synagogues.  But there's still lots of
photographic opportunity since the actual ceremony is only a small part
of the festivities.

Chuck Norcutt