Re: [OM] A bit of a tease to start the week...

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit of a tease to start the week...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 08:55:16 +1100
The Go-Pro seems to have been helmet mounted which is why it keeps checking
around.
There are at least two attacks on the canopy - not talon stoops but tight turn
wing beats, which is how they fight in the air.

Look closely in the eye of a Wedge-Tail and you'll have a new understanding of
the word fierce - the Bald pseudo-Eagle is merely stern in comparison. And
prettier - isn't that the whole point of the comparison. Any bunch of Wedgies
(and they do show up in bunches) whould be yelling, 'Hey, sweetie, where's your
handbag?'
Is this fierce enough for you - look at the size of that beak - and the shape!
http://tinyurl.com/kt6bxmc

One encounter I had was one feeding on roadkill on the road which disengaged at
the last possible moment and swept up across my windscreen in a fairly
threatening way. My entire field of view was just feathers for an instant as it
had at least a 7-8ft wingspan.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.soultheft.com