Re: [OM] A bit of a tease to start the week...

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit of a tease to start the week...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:57:43 -0500
Perhaps we should not mess with any eagles.  I recall seeing (probably
on a National Geographic show) a story of an ornithologist who was
studying Harpy Eagles <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harpy_Eagle>
somewhere in South America.  Harpies nest very high up in the tree
canopy and he had built himself an observation platform on a tree
adjacent to the tree holding the nest he was observing.  At some point
one of the birds decided they didn't like him there anymore and attacked
him with talons extended directly into his chest.  The talons punctured
his chest cavity and actually put a scratch on his heart.

He's still doing eagle studies high in the canopy but now wears a bullet
proof vest.

Chuck Norcutt