Re: [OM] A bit of a tease to start the week

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit of a tease to start the week
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:56:47 -0700
> Settle down, Piers. You know how we colonials like to muck up the Mother
> Tongue.

Just don't take away our gun's and amo's.

I find it fascinating how things that happened hundreds of years in
the past still define a country and its people today. For example,
historically, the colonies seemed to always have a problem with
substance abuse. The colonists also seemed to have a problem with
authority which is why so many of them escaped from the "old world" to
begin with.

So, butchering up Mother's Tongue for dinner seems to be pretty much
an acceptable thing here--as long as we wash it down with enough beer.
Shoot, if you BBQ it long enough, even the spellings soften up. If you
drink enough beer, you start talking like a Crazy Brit. (Murkens can't
do Aussy because their lips don't move).

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx