Re: [OM] Prepare for a bunch of new photos...

Subject: Re: [OM] Prepare for a bunch of new photos...
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 12:06:31 -0600
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > A friend of mine is putting this show together, and asked if I'd like to
> > come photograph it.
>
> Need an assistant? :)

Can you be in Memphis tomorrow afternoon? :-)

> > I've never been to the club, so I'm not sure how big, so I have a nice
> > assortment of focal lengths.  I will be reading up on that focus-peaking
> > trick this afternoon and give it a shot.
>
> You MUST MUST MUST MUST have the camera in RAW+JPEG. Otherwise, be
> prepared to commit suicide afterwords.

Good to know.  Will do.

> > Needless to say, I'm hoping to come back with a couple of SD cards full
> of
> > wonderfulness.  At the very least, I'm going to hear some awesome music,
> > played by some of the best there are.
>
> Well, at least you know what the important part of this is.
> Photography is not it this time.

Yeah.  Not going to sweat it.  I will have backstage access as well, so I
would hope for some cool casual portraits.  If the lighting in the club
sucks, it's not the end of the world.  Yes, I'll be disappointed, but will
just breathe and let the music fix things...

> > Not bringing the MacBook Pro with me, so I'll post after I get back.
>
> I'm sometimes addressing that these days with my Eye-Fi card, iPad and
> cellphone.

If I'm shooting RAW+jpeg, I may be able to import with the SD reader dongle
and at least post a couple preliminary images.

> > Oh, well.  Next time, I let the wife do the travel bookings....
>
> Yup. Mine does a bit better job at that for me now than I do. The
> smart people don't allow me to play with sharp objects these days.

Yep.  Once we understand our limitations, things get smoother.
--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard