Re: [OM] Another from Rendezvous at Beauly - Chris

Subject: Re: [OM] Another from Rendezvous at Beauly - Chris
From: "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 22:44:23 +0100
Le 11 nov. 13 à 21:51, Chris Barker a écrit :

> No problem, really, Philippe.  I seem to remember that Piers was
> explaining how he used a 3rd party pinch-type cap to fit in the
> mouth of the hood.  The normal lens cap will fit only on the lens,
> as I’m sure you are aware, but Piers’s solution will protect the
> lens without having to remove the hood.

OK - I didn't buy the hood, I used my hand ;-)

> And I have a question for you (or Jim).  I’ve started paying more
> attention to the XE-1 in the shops, but it looks like quite a bulky
> camera, especially with the XF lenses.  How do you find it?

Bulky? With a zoom lens perhaps - it is otherwise nearly pocketable -
way leaner than the X-1 Pro or a Leica M in any case.

The results are impressive with the 35mm 1.4 - look at this one large
and then check the exif ;-)

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Barcelona+Lug+Gathering+2013/Talking+into+the+night-0053.jpg.html

and good with the 18-55 zoom I own, cf my latest pano large, sharp
from front to infinity at 5.6, hand-held

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Doulce+France/Ambonnay-Champagne-Pano.jpg.html

The ergonomics are ok minus for my long nose, long hands and fingers
but workable once you've become familiar with the buttons location -
much better than on my D700 (yuk), or any D-Oly we've owned (I still
miss my OM2n) but worse than a leica R8 and so inferior to a contax,
of course ...

The files are good from the start - JPEGs are nearly on par with the D-
OM1- and the RAWs are not as flexible as on the D700 yet much easier
to deal with than any 4/3 I know well (L1, G1, E400, E410, E420,
E510,& E620).

The fix lenses are great glass - the zoom I own could be better in
terms of IQ but is fairly photographer friendly if you see what I mean.

I am now considering the purchase of the XE-2 and the new 23mm 1.4
when they become available here. I'm told the EVF is better now.

  Feel free to ask specific questions if needed.

Amities
Philippe

> Chris
> On 11 Nov 2013, at 18:51, philippe.amard <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> :-)
>>
>> What's the problem with the lens cap on the X10?
>>
>> I have problems with the X-E1's but never had any with the swell
>> little fellow, nor has Alice had any since she adopted it BTW
>
> --

to the eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.
NO ARCHIVE