Re: [OM] OM] IMG: Father & daughter, Mother & daughter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM] IMG: Father & daughter, Mother & daughter
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:07:55 -0500
+1

Yesterday I happened in front of a magazine rack at Barnes & Noble, and saw
smiling back at me a three-quarter frontal portrait of singer Carrie Underwood.
Now, don't misunderstand. I believe Ms. Underwood to be a truly beautiful woman
in every sense of the word, especially in the sense of her voice, which can be,
when she wants it to be, angelic. Having just seen her on television a couple
of days ago, and having noted to myself that she was looking fit and trim, I
was surprised at the magazine cover, which depicted her as at least 20-25
percent trimmer than she had appeared on television. I'm certain Photoshop Warp
Tool is responsible. This is something that I deplore more than I can express.
Having heard magazine editors in the past talk about the slimming by 30 percent
fudge factor for cover portraits, I grieve for the fate of humanity. Yes, it is
a small thing, all things considered, but it is manifestly a lie told to make
people appear as they aren't, and to instill in
 the rest of us an unrealistic notion of what is attainable and what is not.
The more time we spend being dragged by our noses through these deplorable
fantasies, the more we become unsure of our footing in whatever it is that
reality is, and the less likely we are to find peace on Earth. (Or, for that
matter, to have good will toward others.)

Bastards!

--Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal