[OM] More Moose visit shots

Subject: [OM] More Moose visit shots
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 23:19:22 -0500 (EST)
>>Not too shabby. Here's the little album.
    <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=9314>

Thanks.  Great Green glob shot worked well, IMO--nice composition,
texture, color.  Marnie did like your reflection shot--basically what
we were going after in her shot but more nicely executed.
Oh, had a couple host left on the roll as our one excursion was cut
short by Marnie's spill.  Here is another of Mac:

http://www.olyendomike.com/Friends/Moose-visit-2013/32266817_P9SSQD#!i=2897887377&k=dMNRVz2&lb=1&s=L

>>Now, Mike, what happened with the film shots? Full of ghastly
artifacts. New
>>>scanning place?

Arrgh.  Same place and I even sprang for the Tiffs--they were 8 bit and
DR etc. a disappointment.  That film is harder to get a nice scan on
than  100 ektar though.
Any deconvolution worsened the artifacts seen with any mag, but they
still looked better at usual viewing size, I think, so I kept that
layer.  I thought you might comment.

  For the group shot I ran it through DXO (thought the new prime NR
might work on JPEG but it doesn't, and used the DXO film pack to render
it as Portra 160 NC ish.  Some  highlights were surprisingly gone on
the scan and added a tad of LCE with faces masked.
Perhaps you can fix it better for a modest size print if I send the
original tiff?  Could even send the neg, but that might burn too much
Moose time.

Perhaps will have some time this winter to replace my defunct scanner,
Mike