[OM] Backup - a cautionary tale

Subject: [OM] Backup - a cautionary tale
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:41:41 -0600
It looks like my main storage drive, the one with my LR library, is failing
fast.  I had bought an extra 3TB external drive a week ago to set up for
local backups, and last night was the night to copy the photo storage
drive.  I may not get that chance.

However, the happy ending is that the money I spent for the unlimited
backup storage with backblaze.com has been money well spent.  Yes, I'm
going to have to download almost a TB worth of data in big zip files, but
at least it's safe and sound up in the cloud.

I've also ordered a replacement drive, and I'm going to look into some sort
of local backup software for OSX that will allow me to fire off manual
incremental backups of both my photo and music drives so I'm not doing an
8-hour file copy each time.

Whew.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard