Re: [OM] Redneck

Subject: Re: [OM] Redneck
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 16:18:30 -0500
  Hmmm...well as always the devil is in the details. Having read a lot of
these studies, or more accurately articles about the studies, it becomes
difficult for the layman to follow the argument when the details become
esoteric. It does conjure an interesting thought experiment that cuts out
the details. It requires imagining an impenetrable transparent dome (think
Stephan King novel). Take two domes on farm land. Populate each with the
same things: people, cows, chickens, equipment, gasoline, diesel (you get
the point), all in equal quantities. Enclose both groups and set one rule:
in one dome they will make etoh out of corn that they grow; in the other ,
they can do anything they want except grow corn for etoh. After a year's
time, open the domes and gather everything organic left over (unfortunately
this includes humans) and burn it all in two bomb calorimeters. I think we
would have our answer.

Charlie