Re: [OM] Redneck

Subject: Re: [OM] Redneck
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 20:01:49 -0500
Thanks for the map.  It's interesting.  But I hope your general comment
about the south as a whole being a big tax drain is supported by
something other than that map.  According to your map, Alabama,
Mississippi and West Virginia might fit the mold on a per capita basis
But, combined, they only account for less than 2-1/2% of the population.
  Hardly a drain on the country.  If you want to be convincing turn it
into total dollars for southern states vs the rest of the country.
Dollars in per dollar out doesn't mean much if the totals are small.  I
haven't looked it up and don't know the answer.

And recall that your original complaint was specifically about Texas and
Florida, not the south as a whole.  Neither state fits your preconceived
mold.  Those backward Texans seem to be productive regardless of whether
you like them or not.

Chuck Norcutt