Re: [OM] Redneck

Subject: Re: [OM] Redneck
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 12:16:06 -0800
> it's not at all certain which way the federal tax money flows.
I looked it up. The South as a whole is a big drain as I suspected.
Texas on the other hand pays more than it receives. My home state of WA
receives a little more than it pays, mostly due to the military and
Hanford. The plains and mtn states get a lot of farm and public land $$

> Republican states, on average, received $1.46 in federal spending for
> every tax dollar paid; Democratic states, on average, received $1.16.
Mike

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/taxdistribution.jpg