Re: [OM] OM sighting

Subject: Re: [OM] OM sighting
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 17:01:41 -0400
I'd like to report another OM-1 sighting in another Iranian movie, with
the potential problem that it might not exist.

In December, 1975 I was an extra, one of a busload of foreigners led by
the movie's leading man, playing a tour guide, through the Ali Qapu
Palace in Isfahan Iran.  I had my OM-1, and was using it.   The back
story I heard was that this was going to be the scene under the opening
credits, and that this movie was going to be Iran's entry into some
prestigious  international film festival in 1976.  The story was going
to be about star-crossed lovers, and would end with one, the other, or
both of the leading characters dying in a snowbank in Tehran.  But I
don't know the name of the film, or whether me and/or my OM-1 got past
the cutting room floor.

> Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 17:09:44 +0000
> From: Chris Barker<ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [OM] OM sighting

> I spotted an OM1, I think, in an Iranian film we watched last night, ?The
> Wind Will Carry Us.?  The > main character visits a village in Iran for some
> as yet undisclosed purpose (we?ve reached only
> halfway so far) and uses an OM1 to photograph some of the sights.

> The dialogue is in Farsi, with English subtitles, but it?s rather good so
> far.  It also brings back > memories of some of the Farsi that I learned when
> living in Tehran as a teenager . . .

---
is active.