[OM] OT: OS X update > Mavericks

Subject: [OM] OT: OS X update > Mavericks
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 07:05:12 +0100
For the Mac users on the List, I have updated 2 OS X computers to v10.9, one a
new MacBook Air, the other a 2011 iMac.  Each is working well, with Mail on the
iMac the only slight bit of dust on the lens.

The update is nearly 6Gb, so I downloaded it overnight, copying the Installer
to a Thunderbolt drive before running it (as it gets deleted after use).  I
then used the installer on the other computer.  The update process after the
download took around an hour.

About 10 other applications then had updates to run, including Keynote, Pages
and Numbers.  Some users appear to dislike the latter 2, but the old
applications work fine if you want to stick to them.

I like the new system, which seems to work at least as fast as Mountain Lion.

If anyone has any questions, they are probably best addressed to me off-List .
. .

Chris