Re: [OM] Need Ideas

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Ideas
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 15:37:41 +0000
Late afternoon sunlight, raking from an angle (slightly backlit). Him
sitting on hood of jeep. It parked on an overlook or somewhere there's a
nice natural/forest background with a view. Top of a mountain/cliff/etc.
would be ideal if there's something like that around. Alternative: parked
overlooking the ocean possibly.   Wide-ish angle (35mm field-of-view
equivalent). Jeep at 30 to 45 degrees to the camera. Slightly low camera
position, below his eye level.

Another alternative:  a rig shot (look it up) with the jeep. Camera with
wide angle (21-28mm FOV), rig set to shoot jeep in 3/4 view from the
front. Rig balanced off the front of the jeep, so you can see him driving.
Open window, portrait of him looking out the front left area (as if
driving).  Background will be a cool smooth blur. If in a forest or with
foliage in the background, it will be a neat effect. You can improvise a
DIY rig not too difficultly. Rig shots are at low speed, with the vehicle
engine off, usually having it rolling (via a push).