Re: [OM] For Our Bob of the Benches

Subject: Re: [OM] For Our Bob of the Benches
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 07:32:31 -0400
Not sure I can see what you're talking about on my monitor. There's a bit of
blue there, but it's reminiscent of the mountains where I grew up, the Blue
Ridge. And it's a Nikon shot, not Fuji, the 24-70/2.8. Processing in Lightroom.
I don't think I did anything special. Sometimes vibrance brings up color cast,
but I think in this case it may be because just above my head was a line in the
clouds. From there on back behind me (north) the sky was clear and bright blue.
If you see some of the other Loch Ness/Urquhart Castle photos in the gallery
facing the other direction you'll see what I'm talking about. My guess would be
that the unfettered blue sky was sending some color in under the clouds. When I
enlarge on my monitor, I don't see noise. I suppose I could work on it in LR5
because I can mask the far shore and adjust color temperature. I've done that
sometimes, but this wasn't a shot I was dedicating a lot of processing effort
to.

It is a puzzlement.

--Bob Whitmire
Registered Neanderthal