Re: [OM] Soctland 2, wider angle

Subject: Re: [OM] Soctland 2, wider angle
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 19:50:17 +0100
Thanks for jumping in, Brian.  Although I respect your opinion as an expert in
this field (ho, ho), but I thought that Scotland was forested with mainly
deciduous trees in the distant past, and that Scots Pines were a relatively
modern introduction to the region.

I'll need to go and do some research: for instance, what types of tree covered
the region before the clearances, and how long before?

Chris