Re: [OM] Windows File Association

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows File Association
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:11:13 -0400
Any computer (even Apple products) will eventually generate memory
errors if left running long enough... usually from software errors but
sometimes even from hardware... especially with today's price dependence
on non-ECC memory.  I suspect that's what's causing your problem.  The
solution is a shutdown and re-boot.  If you do that daily (shut down at
night and re-boot in the morning) you will greatly reduce the likelihood
of these sorts of gremlins.

ps: Many more of them occur than you realize since, depending on what
they effect, they may never be noticeable.  Will you ever notice a
single bit error in a JPEG file?  Maybe but very unlikely.

Chuck Norcutt