Re: [OM] It's 10th September, day of the Olympus announcement ...

Subject: Re: [OM] It's 10th September, day of the Olympus announcement ...
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:31:34 -0500
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm reminded that the landfills are full of old, obsolete, must-have
> cool items which no socially connected person could live without. I
> pitty the poor person who still has to suffer along with an iPhone 4S.
> Not even a poor person would be caught dead with an iPhone 1, 2 or 3.

When I got my first iPhone, a 3GS, I used it for a bit longer than the
contract.  When the iPhone 4 came out, we retired Sheri's old flip phone
and she used the 3GS while I carried the 4.  Then when the 4S came out with
faster cpu and much better camera, we finally retired the old 3GS (the
battery was almost toast, and it was getting pretty dinged up), I passed
the 4 to her and got the 64GB 4S.  I held off on the 5.  Yesterday's
announcement about the 5S with the significantly faster cpu, better battery
life, and color-balanced dual-LED flash, I'm ready to upgrade. Sheri wants
something newer as well, and since AT&T around here is kind of spotty,
especially in the hospital where I work, we're considering a change to
Verizon anyway.  Since both of our iPads have VZW radios, we could get one
of the shared data plans and just put all 4 devices on the same bucket o'
bits.

I would have been online the morning of the 20th to order them, but now we
have to wait until Sheri's job situation improves.

I don't like to just jump to the next one simply to have the latest shiny.
I'm willing to wait and see if there is a significantly improved feature
set that's actually useful to me.

--

Paul Braun  WD9GCO
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard